These have BACON — need we say more??
Then again, they have cheese and peanut butter, too, so they are sounding and smelling even better. Not sure about those carob chip things, but the rest sounds so good we can overlook that.
5 slices of Bacon
2 slices of Cheddar Cheese (3/4 oz each)
2 cups Carob Chips
1/2 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray it lightly with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon over low heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Coarsely chop bacon; set aside.
- Using 1 1/4-inch small dog bone cookie cutter, cut 15 dog bone shapes out of cheese slices. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, microwave carob chips uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer. Stir in peanut butter.
- Spread carob mixture on foil to 1/4-inch thickness, about a 9-inch square.
- Immediately sprinkle with bacon and cheese; press lightly into carob mixture.
- Chill until set, about 15 minutes in freezer, or 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Remove from foil; break into 18 pieces. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for 5 days.
Have your pets make you some so you can enjoy them as well.