Do your pets make those houses make of food called Gingerbread Houses? Or cookies made of that same bread? Well now we can have them too! Here’s a great recipe my staff found for Gingerbread dog cookies! Did you know that ginger can be used to help diarrhea and upset stomachs? Wow, I will have to fake stomach issues to get more cookies!
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon and cloves until combined.
- In a small bowl, using a sturdy spoon, stir together the molasses, water and canola oil.
- Pour the molasses mixture into the flour.
- Using the same sturdy spoon, stir ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Use your favorite dog cookie cutters to cut shapes.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place your cut outs on the baking sheet.
- Continue to roll and cut out shapes with the remaining dough.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Storage: This recipe for dog biscuits will keep fresh for several weeks in the refrigerator. They also freeze really well. Keep them in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Yield: Using a 2 inch cookie cutter, you should yield approximately 28 dog biscuits.